Helping You Navigate through Today’s Technology
Our volunteer Technology Tutors are here to help you with your technology needs. They each have different skills and can assist with most adaptive technology questions. They are our go-to resource if you are not looking for comprehensive training.
Our volunteer tutors can help you with:
- using screen reader or magnifier products (JAWS, NVDA, Window-Eyes, ZoomText and MAGic),
- learning Microsoft Word and Excel,
- navigating the Internet,
- setting up web based email,
- learning basic gestures for the iPhone and iPad,
- using the Victor Reader Stream,
- downloading audio books from the NLS BARD website, and
- trouble shooting hardware issues.
Our tutors are available by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on the assistance you may need. Appointments are one hour in length between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
To schedule your appointment, call our front desk at 312-236-8569.