Skip to main content
- Second Sense works individually with each client. We realize no two people are the same. So, our training focuses on individual needs.
- All our services are free-of-charge and are available to anyone with vision loss.
- Second Sense serves over 500 people with direct services each year. We also provide resources to over 3,000 people.
- Seniors are the largest growing group with new vision loss. Our programs specifically address their needs.
- We work with more than 50 organizations in communities throughout the Chicago area. Our staff brings services directly to the people who need them.
- Second Sense is one of the first organizations in Chicago to become a Service Enterprise. This means volunteers play a key role in serving our clients.
- There are 238,692 adults in Illinois who are blind or visually impaired. (American Foundation for the Blind).