Is it Time to Consider Updating Your Orientation and Mobility Skills?
Things change. New construction. Buses rerouted. New job or new favorite lunch spot. Or your vision may have decreased. Even if you have had O&M training in the past, it is common to need to refresh your skills.
You can start by asking yourself these questions:
- Have you recently moved? Or have you changed jobs or schools?
- Are you traveling in more unfamiliar areas than usual?
- Are you wondering how your current skills can still apply to your new level of vision?
- Do you worry about what you may have forgotten since your last training?
- Are you just as confident traveling during the day as you are at traveling at night?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, it may be time to sign up for some additional Orientation and Mobility training. If you are interested in updating your orientation and mobility skills, please email Eleni Gaves at Second Sense or call 312-236-8569.