Thursday, January 9 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
January 4 is Louis Braille’s birthday. Here at Second Sense we are celebrating all things braille and you’re invited to join us! We have a special day planned for all lovers of braille and those who are just curious. Drop by or register for a class where noted.
10:00 to 11:30: UEB Review
Bring your slate and stylus or braille notetaker and get reacquainted with some common UEB changes. Perkins braillers are also available. We’ll cover:
- most common UEB punctuation symbols,
- changes to contraction rules, and
- other important UEB rule changes.
Please register for this class to ensure materials are available for all. Call our front desk at 312-236-8569 or email email Polly Abbott.
11:30: Cool Braille Stuff Show and Tell
This is your chance to see some old and new items from the world of braille! You are invited (and encouraged) to bring something to show and share with others who love all things braille.
- Have you ever written braille with a Stainsby?
- Have you seen a Hall brailler?
- Do you have a Braille Dot watch or the best braille notetaker on the planet?
- Do you have something braille from another country?
12:00 to 3:00 pm: Braille Tech — The Future of Braille
Woodlake Technologies staff is here to show you the latest in braille technology. See the products in action and get your questions answered about:
- braille notetakers,
- refreshable braille displays, and
- braille translation software and more.
For more information about this informative and fun day of celebrating braille, email Polly Abbott.