Learning the Basics
Braille can be your alternative to pencil and paper. Braille can also be a great tool for labeling a wide variety of items for easier access. Our one-on-one braille instruction starts with the very basics to help you build a solid foundation of skills.
With the skills you can learn in our individualized braille instruction, you can learn to read elevator panels, keep track of appointments, make lists and make labels for spices or medications.
Our individualized braille instruction includes:
- a conversation to determine if learning braille is the best option for you,
- an introduction to the most effective finger positions and hand movements for becoming an efficient braille reader,
- instruction on reading and writing the alphabet, numbers and punctuation,
- a working knowledge of reading elevator panels, calendars and phone numbers, and
- ideas for personal use at home or work.
To schedule your individual consultation about our braille instruction, call our front desk or email Polly Abbott.