Thursday, July 27 - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Harold Washington Library
400 S State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
This interactive workshop answers this question and provides context for both sighted individuals and people with vision loss. We’ll address common misconceptions about braille, how it is learned and what help it can be for someone with vision loss. You’ll also have an opportunity to experience reading braille!
Our Touch of Braille workshop helps answer questions like:
- What constitutes the braille code?
- When is it time to learn braille?
- What is the process for learning braille and what is involved?
- How does braille increase independence for someone with vision loss?
- Where can I find more information about braille?
To register for this workshop at the Harold Washington Library, call Patrice Johnson at 312-747-1616. For additional questions, contact our front desk at 312-236-8569.