Monday, June 6 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Brookdale of Oak Park
Oak Park, IL 60302
Do you want to increase your independence while traveling in your community? Our “Out and About” workshop will help you build confidence and provide ways to maximize your safety when traveling in your community and interacting with the public.
In this informational class, you will:
- learn how to prevent falls,
- discover tips on crossing streets safely,
- use taxis and public transit,
- make the most of your vision while controlling glare,
- learn about available optical aids,
- handle money independently, and
- communicate with sales people.
This workshop will help you feel confident and safe when traveling with vision loss. To register and for more information, contact Polly Abbott at Second Sense.