Wednesday, November 6 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
65 E. Wacker Place, Suite 1010
Chicago, IL 60601
Do you find it awkward when someone tries to guide you from one place to another? Is this well-meaning person grabbing your arm and pulling you through a maze of chairs and tables while you hit your knees, shins and other body parts on the obstacles in your path? There’s a better way!
Polly Abbott shows you how to put the awkwardness aside. You will learn techniques you can share with others to walk gracefully and without injury in partnership with your human guide.
We encourage you to bring along a friend or loved one who would also like to learn this useful skill!
You and a partner will learn how to:
- communicate with your partner about the assistance you need,
- communicate effectively about the environment,
- use body cues for starting and stopping,
- change sides and direction, and
- handle curbs, stairs, doors and narrow passageways.
To register, please call our front desk or email email Polly Abbott.