Wednesday, May 1 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601
Do you find it awkward when someone tries to guide you from one place to another? Is this well-meaning person grabbing your arm and pulling you through a maze of chairs and tables while you hit your knees, shins and other body parts on the obstacles in your path? There’s a better way!
Polly Abbott shows you how to put the awkwardness aside and teaches you the techniques you can share with your guide to walk gracefully and without injury.
We encourage you to bring along a friend or loved one who would also like to learn this useful skill!
You and a partner will learn how to:
- communicate with each other about the assistance you need,
- communicate effectively about the environment,
- use body cues for starting and stopping,
- change sides and direction and
- handle curbs, stairs, doors and narrow passageways.
To register, please call our front desk or email Polly Abbott.