Tuesday, April 9 - Thursday, April 11 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Become a Certified 1Touch™ Coach!
We are excited to be hosting the 1Touch™ coaches Certification Course at Second Sense! Give your students, adult learners and yourself the confidence and self-assurance everyone deserves.
Coaching Certification Course
When you earn the 1Touch™ Coaches Certification, you are able to teach the 1Touch self-defense techniques to people with vision loss. This certification prepares you to help your students become confident travelers. This three-day training provides the minimum hourly requirement needed for certification. After completing training and successfully showing competency, participants will be certified through the 1Touch™ Project
- Travel Safety
- Threat Recognition, Analysis and Response
- Personal Awareness
- Stress Management
- Communication Skills
- Posture and Presentation
- The Legalities of Self-Defense
- Practical Self-Defense Techniques
- Competence of Self-Defense Curriculum
- Disability Awareness/Sensitivity Training
Deadline for applications is February 28, 2019.
The total cost to become a certified 1Touch™ Coach is $600, with 50% due upon registration. The fee includes:
- 3 days of intensive training (24 hours)
- Audio described DVD
- Instructor’s Manual/Sample Curriculum
- Optional 3 Month Review
- 6 Month Final Written and Physical Exam
- 19.5 ACVREP CE Hours
Not sure if this is for you?
Come observe a 1Touch class at Second Sense:
Contact Polly Abbott at 312-236-8569 or email Polly Abbott.