Passionate Focus 2010
The opening reception for our 8th annual Passionate Focus art exhibit was held on May 13, 2010. The evening included a live and silent auction with great prizes including a trip to New York, a weekend stay at the Trump International Towers, the chance to Chef for a day at Charlie Trotter's, sports tickets, theater packages and much more!
View the 2010 Artists Gallery
The 2010 art exhibit brought together the work of 16 artists—each with a unique vision. The work included paintings, photography, ceramics and textiles. The artists are from across the country and include professionals and amateurs. Eight of the artists joined us for the opening of the exhibit, giving our guests a chance to talk to them about their work.
Thirty-two of the pieces on exhibit were available during our art auction. A total of 18 pieces were sold during the run of the exhibit.
Judi Jasek Award
The Judi Jasek Juror's Choice Awards, sponsored by the Union League Club, were awarded to:
- First Prize: Alcatraz Imprisoned by Nora Devane
- Second Prize: Pale Abstract by Charles Grover
- Honorable Mention: The Lucky Goat that Got Away by David Simpson
We thank the jurors for Passionate Focus 2010
- Carey Gelfand, Art Consultant
- Maureen Pskowski, Exhibition Manager in the Department of Contemporary Art at the Art Institute of Chicago
- Barbara Wiesen, Director and Curator of the Gahlberg Gallery at the College of DuPage
Ted & Carol Novak, The Fraida Foundation, Kurzman Family Fund