Second Sense is celebrating 70 years of service to adults with vision loss. Our staff is professionally trained and certified to provide the highest quality services.
We work with our community of volunteers, clients and partners to effectively deliver our programs to the most people, while emphasizing an individual, client-centered service approach.
- 164 adults learned to use computers with adaptive technology
- 68 clients received 260 hours of peer-tutoring on using today’s technology
- 213 seniors at 16 different community sites learned how they can remain independent and active
- 63 clients received training on-site, learning to safely and efficiently complete daily tasks like cooking, money management and personal grooming
- 28 clients attended our new self-defense training — teaching techniques designed for people with vision loss
- 94 adults learned to travel safely and independently using a white cane
- 89 community-based support group leaders received training and resource to help them provide comprehensive services to their low vision members
- 40 volunteers provided over 3,910 hours of service
Second Sense inspires individuals to move beyond vision loss and believe in their abilities. Through client-centered support and training, they learn new skills, build confidence and realize their value in our community. Together we are changing society’swe are changing society’s perception of human potential.