You Can Make a Difference
"I came to Second Sense to learn to use technology and ended up learning a lot about myself."
Read Jose's Story
Thank you for considering a donation to Second Sense. Your gift will help our programs reach those who need our services the most. Only 48% of Second Sense's annual budget is covered through corporate giving, foundation grants and government support. We rely on your contributions for the remaining 52% of the budget.
Every Dollar Counts
Your contribution will give adults with vision loss hope, provide them with new confidence and skills and equip them with the tools and training that will help them realize their goals. Each year, our staff of eight professionals works with a group of dedicated volunteers to provide direct services to adults throughout the Chicago area. To see what how many people our donors help us reach, read about our service numbers.
To give you an idea of what your donation can accomplish, we have provided the costs for one person to participate in some of our programs:
- $17 provides one hour of computer training class
- $38 helps one job-seeker attend one of our three-week career training workshops
- $46 pays for someone to attend our 15-session therapeutic support group
- $76 offers one hour of individual counseling to someone adjusting to vision loss
- $112 allows one senior to attend a New Visions workshop to help them live independently
Donors will receive Second Sense's quarterly newsletter, News & Notes, to learn how their investment is reaching adults with vision loss and changing their lives.
To donate by mail - Download a convenient contribution form and mail to:
Director of Development
65 E. Wacker Place. Suite 1010
Chicago, IL 60601
To donate by phone please call:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Central Time